- Mentorship Programs at Delhi School of Business aim to bring out the best out of students.
- Individual mentorship sessions with students ensure correct accurate and complete understanding of individual minds and hearts.
- It helps in identifying what conspires within the minds of students to manifest as their aspirations because their aspirations are their possibilities, as limited and as unlimited as the student can think them to be.
- We help students to identify what they should do, not because they think so, but because they have the skills and the competencies to.
- It is a journey of self analysis and better understanding of one’s own self in order to be able to plan both life and career better.
- Come join DSB to tread the journey of enlightenment on yourself ensuring enrichment of your life and career.
- Get advantage of individual development sessions customized just for you only at DSB !
Mentorship and Coaching programs at Delhi School of Business
Students need to made aware of who they are, what are their strengths and weaknesses and how can be better professionals, better corporate leaders and better human beings. They also need a change in their attitude to be able to perform better than before in fields of life whether it be professional or personal.
Mentorship and coaching are confidential individual exercises tailored to meet individual and organizational expectations. The process needs to be necessarily introspective, reflective, positive, supportive and will be assessed periodically for progress.
- Identification of mentors
- Identification of skills that need to be developed through mentorship and coaching and assessment of the skills on identified parameters.
- Delineating the end objectives of the mentorship exercises.
- Estimation of phases of the program with timelines
- Demarcation of objectives across phases in terms of interim objectives for each phases of the process.
- Laying down the assessment pattern and periodicity of interim assessments to monitor the progress of the students.
- Assessment of students on the above identified parameters at the beginning of the exercise.
- Monitoring the progress of students very minutely as this is pioneering exercise with students.
- Redefining the objectives and process of the process after an interim assessment of the program three months after initiation.
Elements of the Process – Internal
- Skills identification
- Identification of the assessment tools
- Chalking out phases for mentorship starting with a phase of 3 months each so giving us 2 phases for year 1 and 2 phases for year 2
- Breaking down overall objectives for entire 2 years across 4 phases
- Communicating objectives for each phase to the internal mentor
- Persuading external mentors to take up all 4 phases for the student preferably.
- Identification of internal and external mentor for each student
- Meeting of internal and external mentors to identify objectives for each mentee
- Identification of internal mentor
- Training of the internal mentor
- Training students for the process – beyond class hours
- Assessment of students – it will be done beyond class hours
- Scheduling the mentorship and coaching meetings beyond class hours everyday.
- Monitoring progress after 3 weekly interactions
- Liasioning internal mentors with external mentors and clear defining of objectives for each one supplementing the other.
- Monthly review of progress communicated to external mentors before their meeting with the mentee.
- Intermittent communication of internal and external mentor to ensure they work in tandem focused on specific mutually agreed upon skills for each individual student.
- Assessment of the entire phase 1 of mentorship after 3 months of its implementation.
- Defining of objective for the next phase
- Feedback from each phase exchanged between all mentor groups to enrich the future phases for everyone.
Elements of the Process – External
- Identification of proposed mentors from corporate
- Approaching them with the concept note
- Motivating them to interact with students to ensure that they are attracted to mentor the students
- Assessing the time commitments from the external mentors
- Demarcation of the process – whether the students will visit their offices or whether they would come on our campus every month.
- Assessment of students across identified skills
- Communicating the snapshot view of the class to the mentor enabling him to choose students or we give him as per our validated choice
- Demarcation of end objectives of the exercise across phases with both the internal mentor and the mentee.
- Communicating the assessment methods for monitoring progress of the exercise.
- Liasion with them with the internal mentor
- Arranging interim con calls or skype meetings with the internal mentors to review progress before their meeting
- Feedback from each phase to realign objectives for the next phase after assessment using pre-decided tools and patterns.